Saturday, September 29, 2012

Teaching Journal: Week 5

What a long week it was! Even my students are commenting on how long this week felt and I think we are collective feeling tired and a little down. BUT they were really excited when I pointed out to them that in two weeks we would be half way through the semester and they couldn't believe how fast it was going (despite this week feeling so long)!

Project one is winding down, the class is working on peer review this weekend and next week we will be wrapping up the project with final drafts due at the end of week six while introducing project two.

I am a little concerned about project two, I actually don't quite understand what the students will be focusing on...I have read the project sheets and additional material connected to it in the Writing About Writing text...but I'm still a little lost...hoping this weekend to get it all straightened out so on Monday we can dive into the Brandt reading and project two introductions.

Next weeks journal will cover how successful I am at conveying project two..so if you're interested in how disastrous this will be for me, stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. CAK,
    I am curious about how the workshopping sessions have been going. Many of your colleagues report problems.

    I hope the documents and emails I have been sending out are of some help on defining project 2. One thing to keep in mind--first steps are project groups and individual literacy histories. The 'tricky stuff comes after that.

    A

    ReplyDelete